Act I, Scene 2
Miss Loi’s Temple, Courtyard
The playing of her guzheng was interrupted by hurried footsteps.
[Enter CHIEF DISCIPLE]
The Chief Disciple of The Temple appeared and rushed forward to kneel on one knee before the High Priestess.
My High Priestess 教主! Please forgive me for my interruption! But the thousands on our Facebook Page are getting impatient!
She stopped mid-way through her slooooooow tune.
These days there’s no time to even sit down and play a song after a late, late joss sticks session on the eve of EMaths Paper 2.
Very well then …
Suddenly, she began to play her guzheng faster and faster …
twaaang! twaaang! twaaang! TWAANG! TWAANG! TWAANG!
… until the following shot out from within the strings on the musical instrument.
Click the button and grab it here!
N.B. As usual, please, please leave a comment should you spot any mistake in the solution. As uttered by the High Priestess, she was still deep within a joss sticks session just an hour ago!
Next, she threw out another swarm of daggers …
Now for Paper 2: Here’s a list of possible topics that may appear for tomorrow’s Paper 2.
- Algebra (changing the subject of a formula, simultaneous equations, completing the square)
- Arithmetic (percentages, ratios, interest, money & hire purchase, speed etc. – may still appear even though P1 already contains some)
- Problems involving quadratic equations
- Trigonometry (three-dimensional problems, bearing, angles of elevation/depression etc.)
- Statistics (cumulative frequency curve, box & whisker)
- Geometry (properties of circles)
- Coordinate geometry
- Similarity & congruency
- Graphs (incl. plotting)
- Sets & Venn diagrams